Posts tagged ‘art’
July 2, 2015
The drawings in The New Sylva were created by internationally-renowned artist Sarah Simblet while she was artist-in-residence for environmental charity the Sylva Foundation. Now a selection of 80 special edition prints are being auctioned to raise money for its charitable activities.
About the Special Edition Prints
Artist Sarah Simblet rarely sells her work as prints. This represents a unique investment and a special opportunity for fans of her stunning drawings. Each print will be signed by Sarah Simblet, and accompanied by an attractive Certificate of Authenticity, signed by both authors of The New Sylva.
- Printing has been calibrated by the artist to ensure the finest quality reproduction.
- Each print will be signed by the artist Sarah Simblet.
- Each print is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by both authors of The New Sylva.
- A unique embossing seal is applied on both the print and certificate, the latter including a red foil backing. The seal celebrates the 350th anniversary of John Evelyn’s Sylva of 1664. It reads: The New Sylva // 1664~2014 // Special Edition Print.
- Only one copy of each print will be sold with its accompanying certificate of authenticity, which includes the drawing title and page number from The New Sylva.
- The giclee prints have been produced by a specialist fine art printmaker on 330 gsm Galerie Prestige Gold Cotton paper with light-fast inks. There are no optical brighteners employed in the production of this paper, giving longevity and crisp image stability and detail, and it is typically used for gallery and museum-quality prints.
- The Certificate of Authenticity adopts the same font and colours used in text of The New Sylva book. It measures A4 in size, and has been produced by the same professional printermaker.
- The 80 prints range in size. The size of this specific listing is provided at the top of the description.
- The print and certificate will be supplied unmounted and rolled in a large diameter tube, allowing the winning bidder to mount and frame to suit the final placement of the artwork.
January 28, 2015
Some 80 special edition prints from The New Sylva are to be auctioned to raise money for charity.
The Sylva Foundation – the charity that supported the production of the book by appointing Sarah Simblet as its artist-in-residence – will be auctioning the prints via an online auction site.
The fine art Giclée prints will be selected from the 200 original drawings made especially for the book, and are sure to include those that readers have told us are among their favourites. Each print will be a single edition – signed by Sarah Simblet – accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity signed by both book authors.
We wanted to inform our dedicated readers first. This is a unique opportunity to own a high quality print of Sarah Simblet’s work.
If you are interested in being among the first to know when the auction goes live, you can add your email to a list being compiled by the Sylva Foundation. Simply use the form below.
All proceeds for the auction will go towards the charitable work of the Sylva Foundation
April 14, 2014
April 10, 2014
To mark the publication of The New Sylva, Bloomsbury Publishing have released a digital sampler of the book.
March 14, 2014
Sarah Simblet recently talked about the making of The New Sylva and gave a Master Class in drawing at Cal Lutheran University in California. One of the attendees has written an interesting blog post about the class. Read more on the Art by Vreeke blog
November 4, 2013