Enjoy a dynamic online map of forest sites across Britain, featuring a selection of helpful data to accompany The Forest Guide series.
The Forest Guide is a new series of guidebooks by Gabriel Hemery (published by Bloomsbury) which will feature more than 1000 forest sites across Britain when completed (read more). So far, 365 sites across Scotland are available – already one for every day for a whole year!
Readers of the book(s) can access the dynamic online map for free – The Forest Guide online – featuring a selection of useful data to accompany the text from The Forest Guides.
Don’t have a copy? You can easily gain access for a small fee – see below.
The Forest Guide Online is a perfect compliment to the guide books*:
- Explore 365 copses, woods, and forests anywhere in Scotland (coming soon: Wales in 2024 and England in 2025).
- The interactive map will be updated periodically to eventually feature all 1000+ sites across the three guidebooks.
- The map provides pinpoint accuracy (3m) to help find parking locations or precise site access details.
- Six-figure grid references indicate the centre of woodland sites.
- Key information including ownership, area, designations, and woodland type.
- Very high quality outdoor mapping provided by Thunderforest, includes contours, paths and cycle routes.
*Please note, the main descriptive text entries and images for sites are not included in the online guide.
Free Access to The Forest Guide Online
The online map is free to readers of The Forest Guide who will find the password printed in the book(s). If you already own a copy of any of the books from the series, Join for free. You will be asked a couple of questions as part of the sign-up process to confirm your ownership of the book. When confirmed, you will receive a link to access the map in The Forest Guide Online.
Purchase Access to The Forest Guide Online
If you prefer not to purchase the book(s) which includes free access to the online map, then you can purchase online access from the author. The cost for non-readers which gives lifetime access for all editions of The Forest Guide Online is a one-off payment of £8.99 GBP.
Simply register today and pay the small fee to become a Forest Guide Reader. Thank you.Pay securely with credit or debit card via Stripe