I’m a photographer specialising in tree, forest and landscape photography, working under the name of The Tree Photographer.
Please note, this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission that supports the costs of running this blog.
Buy prints, calendars and more . . .
Visit my shop for a wide range of products based on my tree photographs.
I also sell prints and licence images for commercial use. If you have seen an image that you are interested in (for example in my 500px gallery), then please contact me.
About my Tree Photography
My images have been selected for various competitions, exhibitions and magazines including:
- Scottish Nature Photography Awards 2014 – shortlisted image
- FSC UK 2014 photography competition – shortlisted image
- Woodland Trust merchandise
TREE PHOTOGRAPHY – TECHNICAL ASPECTS:
I shoot in micro four thirds format using Panasonic Lumix photography equipment. The small form of this format means it’s possible to carry a camera body and several lenses on a long trek, along with other hiking gear.
I always capture in RAW format and post-process my images using Adobe Lightroom.
TREE PHOTOGRAPHY – EQUIPMENT:
I’m often asked what cameras, lenses and accessories I use. The following is a summary of the equipment that I’ve been using in the last few years.
Lenses (x2 to compare with 35mm format):
- H-H014 (14mm / f2.5) – tiny wide angle pancake lens
- H-H020 (20mm / f1.7) – a wonderfully compact pancake lens, excellent in low light
- H-X025E Leica DG SUMMILUX (25mm / f1.4) – quality standard lens with beautiful bokeh
- H-F007014 (7-14mm / f4.0 zoom) – superwide zoom & probably my favourite lens
- H-FS014042 (14-42mm / f3.5-5.6 zoom) – a workhorse zoom lens
- H-ES045 (45mm / f2.8) – quality macro and portrait lens
- H-FS045200 (45-200mm / f4.0-5.6 zoom) – medium telephoto
- H-FS100300E (100-300 mm, F4-5.6 O.I.S) – super telephoto
- Benbo Trekker (for use in macro work and where travel limited)
- Benro Travel Angel carbon fibre (for trekking and travel)