Judging from interest in posts on my weblog alone, concern about the proposed sell-off the public forest estate continues to build daily. As I write, the campaigning site 38degrees has 111,886 signatures for their ‘Save our Forests” petition. Also today, a local campaign in the Forest of Dean held a well-attended public rally with speeches from a number of notable speakers including Jonathon Porritt.
I have provided a lot of links previously to various Government sites and documents. To strike a balance below is a list of the campaigning sites that have sprung up.
- 38degrees website – Save our Forests petition and campaign
- Save our forests website – set up by the Public and Commercial Services Union
- Forestry Commission trade unions website – Save our Forests page
- Save Britain’s forests Facebook page
- Hands off our forest (HOOF) website – Forest of Dean
- Save Cannock Chase website – Cannock Chase
- Save Lakeland’s Forests – Lake District
- Save Sherwood Forest Facebook page – Sherwood Forest
- New Forest Facebook page – has links to 38degrees website. Perhaps the National Park status has provided sufficient security to quell fears of local people?
- Thetford Forest website – Friends of Thetford Forest
Do let me know if I’ve omitted any and I will add them.