Welcome to my tree and forestry blog.
I created and started writing this blog in May 2010, in celebration of 18 years working as a forest scientist or silvologist.
I aim to:
|make available to everyone the results of my own and other interesting tree and forest research|
|celebrate with readers the myriad and wonderful aspects of all things silvan|
|offer my opinions on topical tree and forest issues|
|provide news about my current activities for others that share my passion
for trees and forests
I write all the posts and administer the blog myself. I welcome comment and feedback, and will attempt to reply whenever possible. Comments are moderated before publishing and I reserve the right not to show those that:
- are personally insulting to me, other individuals, and/or organisations;
- contain deliberately inflammatory references;
- contain abusive, racist, or sexist statements.
I hope that you enjoy reading my blog. Please do let me know.
Some recommended blogs
- Sylva Foundation – reviving Britain’s wood culture
- The Tree Photographer - a lens on the silvan world
- The New Sylva by Bloomsbury
- Fund4Trees – raising funds for tree health research
Other Biography pages